ALL SAINTS NEWSLETTER
This Weeks Message, from the pulpit…
Our church has been praying for wisdom and direction for 2016 and one word that keeps coming to the forefront is, Engagement!
Did you miss this weeks message by Pastor Doug? Check out his message here: http://pastordougsblog.com/
Every year, our members and friends get together to sing Christmas carols in the neighborhood.
We would love it if you’d join us on
12/18 right after service.
Dawnell will be hosting an advent bible study on the following dates and times. All are welcome to dig deeper into this season, with us:
Every Thursday at 7pm, starting 12/01
Every Saturday at 11am, starting 12/03
Both classes will be held weekly throughout the Advent season and both classes will be the same material, you can pick whichever date/time works best for your schedule.
New Years Eve Party
All Saints will be hosting a NY’s Eve party on 12/31/169 at 9pm. We will have snacks and games, but bring your own too. We would love to have you help us ring in 2017 together!
Nominations & Elections for Church positions
We will be holding nominations for the following positions: trustees, member at large, deacons, and secretary from 10/16/16-11/20/16.
These positions will be posted in the church and requires one to self-nomination. If you felt led to run for one of these positions, then you simply nominate yourself.
The congregation will vote and elect these new positions on 11/27/16 and 12/04/16.
All members are welcome to run for a position and self-nominate, as you feel led.
The Blood of Jesus
Many times we are in need of healing, whether it be physical or otherwise but we don’t plead the blood of Jesus except for that one day a week. I challenge you to read the scripture below and declare it over your body, your house, and your life today. Write it down and carry it with you, meditate on it when you have a moment, and read it aloud. I also challenge you to personalize it by writing it to yourself, declaring those promises for yourself!
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse your consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God? But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. (1 John 1:7, Heb 9:14, Eph 2:13)
Here’s how it might look for you:
“But if I walk in the light, as he is in the light, then I’ll have fellowship with him and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies me from all sin. How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse my conscience from acts that lead to death, so that I may serve the living God! But now in Christ Jesus I who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.”
It’s never been a better time to come together and pray for your nation, your neighbors, your friends, or your loved ones!
Grow in intimacy with God…
Grow in deeper faith…
Grow in relationship with others…
How? By praying for others.
EVERY SUNDAY, starting at 8:15am. ALL ARE WELCOME to join with us!
Did you know the entire congregation prays for each other every Sunday? Yup, it’s true!
Did you know that prayer warriors get together once a week to pray at church early on Sunday mornings BEFORE service starts? We do!
Intercessory prayer is praying for others.
Everyone is always welcome to join us, you don’t need a special invitation or any experience and you won’t be alone.
Have ideas for our newsletter?
Would you like to get involved in our weekly newsletter? We would love to talk to you!
Have a question?
Please email us and let us know.
I haven’t made this cake yet but a colleague of mine shared hers with me and it was incredible! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! My colleague told me that she just made a lemon drizzle for the top. Either way this is a win, win if you enjoy blueberries and zucchini.
Blueberry Zucchini Cake w/Lemon Buttercream
(recipe courtesy of http://iambaker.net/blueberry-zucchini-cake-with-lemon-buttercream/)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups finely shredded and drained zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint fresh blueberries (you can reserve a few for garnish if so desired)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners\’ sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Grate a large zucchini (or two small zucchini) and place in a clean dish towel. Squeeze until most of the liquid comes out. You will want to have 2 total cups of shredded zucchini after it has been drained. Set aside.
- In a large bowl and using a hand mixer, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini.
- Slowly add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine butter, sugar and salt and beat till well combined.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue to beat for another 3 to 5 minute or until creamy.
- Fold in zest (If you are piping this buttercream, I recommend leaving out the zest).
Have one you’d like to share? Email me the recipe and I’ll share it with the congregation.
We always need help keeping our church looking clean and inviting, stop by and let one of us know you can spare some time. Thank you for helping us!
Our Events Calendar is getting full. The holidays are nearly upon us so I’ve added some important dates through to 2017 If you feel you’d like to help us out with volunteering for any of the events below, please contact the church. We will be discussing these more during announcements as the times get closer.
- 12/01/16, Advent Bible Study Series starts!
- 12/04/16, Church Position Elections held.
- 12/24/16, Christmas Eve Service, 7pm, All Saints Community Church.
- 12/25/16, Christmas Day, our regularly scheduled Sunday service will be held today at our normal time, please join us.
- 12/27/16, Deacon Meeting, 6pm.
- 12/27/16, Board Meeting, 7pm.
- 12/31/16. New Years Eve Party, 9pm.
- 01/01/17, New Years Day, our regularly scheduled Sunday service will be held today at our normal time, please join us.
- 2017, Bible study continues, stay tuned for more details!