We fully welcome and affirm all people, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, socioeconomic status, or spiritual background – from our Mission Statement
- Our message is the Good News of Jesus Christ, who He is, what He taught us, what He has done for us, and who He has made us to be.
- Our service order is blended, combining both traditional liturgy and contemporary service elements.
- Our weekly Communion is open to all attending that wish to take.
- Our church is accessible.
- Our membership is open to all that declare Jesus as Lord and want to be a part of our church.
- Our church leaders are women and men. Leadership is open to all members. Ministry opportunities (music, for example) are open to non-members as well.
- As schedule allows, we will host and perform all weddings recognized by Ohio, as well as host and perform commitment ceremonies that don’t require a license.
We started in rented facilities in Warren, and in May 1996 moved to a storefront in Cortland. In October 1998, we moved into “the igloo”, our present location at 4530 SR 46 in Cortland.
Rev. Tom and Steve retired in December, 2004. Pastors Jamie Kaufman and Rob Henderson served our church from 2005 to 2009. Pastor Rob began preparing then-deacon Doug Sewell to be ordained into ministry and succeed him. Pastor Doug was ordained in January 2009 and was installed as pastor in October 2009.
In November 2019 we celebrated our 25th anniversary.
In 2021, through our congregation’s generosity and hard work, we paid off our building!
Pastor Doug retired in April 2022. In June 2023, Deacon Kim Phipps was voted interim pastor, with intent that she will be voted on as senior pastor in the next few months.
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. AMEN.
- Our LGBTQ policy is affirming, including employment, ordination, ministry, leadership, and weddings.
- Our Women in Leadership policy is egalitarian, including employment, ordination, ministry, and leadership.